Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Let Go And Love ALL Of Yourself

 Artistic Soul Within Facebook


I really love this article that I found about Anxiety. It is written by an anonymous writer titled How to Make Anxiety Work For You, Not Against You. Everyone has experienced anxiety from time to time but if you are going through some tough challenges right now you are really going to enjoy this article. It really hits home in such a beautiful way on how to make anxiety your friend and not your enemy.

This article was so great it almost made me cry reading it. It has a really powerful message that I know anyone who reads it will be able to relate to it. I remember growing up I was filled with A LOT of anxiety about everything. I went from childhood abuse to my mom and dad disappearing leaving my little sister and me with a friend who really didn't want us to be with her because she was a single mom with 3 kids of her own. It was a very scary time for me because I didn't know if me and my sister were going to be homeless. I had anxieties about school because I was always behind and I still had to deal with the social politics at every school we moved too which made things even worse. I worried about everything.

My anxiety seemed non stop even in adulthood when I had to face some serious health problems back to back. For the longest time, anxiety was something that I had to fight. Everything hurt and I had to do everything to stop the pain but no matter how hard I fought to stop the pain and make things better things kept getting worse. I got to the point in my life where I was so afraid that I would be crushed by something “out there” that I didn't even want to leave the house or even my bed at times. I have seen great therapists and they were helpful, but I still felt like I was missing something. I didn't know what it was until a few years ago.

Anonymous said, “I was the one who had turned anxiety into some sort of creepy horror movie character, when really all she was, was a version of me who just wanted to be heard and loved.” This is what I came to realize myself. I realized that I was fighting myself and making an enemy out of something that was trying to help me. Instead of fighting my anxiety I learned to embrace it and listen to it. That is when I went from being extremely fearful to being very adventurous and outgoing.

Anonymous said, “I decided that day to change anxiety's name to “sweetheart”... When she feels worried, I tell her I am there for her, and she smiles. When she's angry, I listen to what's bothering her, and she relaxes.” This is exactly what I learned on my journey. When I feel pain or anger I literally stop, look at it and I say to myself I see you, It is ok to be there, I love and accept you anyway then the pain, frustration and anger just melts away. My anxiety aka sweetheart just wants to be seen and heard so I see her for what she is and I say it's ok ^_^

Anonymous said, “When you accept and love parts of yourself that you deem unacceptable, a strange thing happens. Those parts start working with you instead of against you.” When I learned that anxiety was not my enemy I was able to travel and explore beyond my wildest dreams. Staying focus on my Spiritual life and learning Mindfulness techniques really helped me out a lot in learning to let go and love all of myself. I learned to not fight that part of myself but embrace it. I learned that anxiety is nothing to be ashamed of. Anxiety is like physical pain and it can be physical pain. That pain is not trying to kill you it is simply trying to tell you that something needs to change and you have the power to change it.

After much study and self-reflection, I don't see anxiety the same anymore. If you can adjust your perspective a bit you can learn to use anxiety to your great advantage.

Anonymous said “Rather than seeing UCI (anxiety) as something that needs to be removed, think about the gifts it brings to your life and choose to see it differently. Now that I can see my anxiety as a gift. I know what I need to do to get back to inner peace, something I don't think I've ever really been able to do.” This is the key right here. When something is strongly in your face take notice and go back to inner peace. That is what mindfulness is all about. It is about excepting what is and going back to the center, to inner peace.

Don't be afraid. Find out what your anxiety is trying to tell you and listen. From my experience, I know that peace of mind is on the other side of listening to that part of yourself that desperately wants to be heard. If you are struggling with anxiety please read How to Make Anxiety Work For You, Not Against You. I am very honored to have read that article. I hope you enjoy it and find it as helpful as I did.

God Bless



No comments:

Post a Comment