Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Let Go And Celebrate Your Life

 Artistic Soul Within Facebook

I really love love looove Anushree Baikerikar's article titled What If Success Was Measured by How Well You've Loved? This is a very powerful question and Anushree in her article beautifully redefined what success is and what it really should mean. Anushree wrote a great article about her life and how she discovered the true meaning of success. Her article was very great to read and I know you will enjoy it.

My husband and I have been married for 19 years now and we known each other for over 20 years. If I was to write a book about our life it would be a romantic comedy ^_^ I went from not like him A LOT to falling very much in love with him. It is a long funny story that I might share at another time. While we were dating Marcel said that he wanted to be a preacher. I was very happy to hear that. I will never forget the day he told me that he wanted to be a preacher. I knew he would be a really great one. We talked about it and as he went to his dorm room on campus I remember thinking I know one day we will get married so what does it mean to be a preacher's wife?

I knew in my heart what I wanted for my life, I knew what God desired and I also knew that it was faaar from what would be considered “successful” in today's age in America. Honestly, I have told very few people this but my life has shown what I wanted and that was to focus only on my family, my faith and art. I want to serve. I said that this is far from what is considered “successful” because if you talk to many people as I did, the first thing that people will tell me is “you gotta make money right?” and “it is not realistic for a family to live on only one income.” To the chagrin of many people I put making money on the low end of the list and focused totally on serving others and creating art. My husband understood but not too many friends or family understood. We always had what we needed even though life wasn't easy at times. I decided early on that I want to live my life on my terms even if it didn't fit the norm or considered to be “successful”. Caring for my family was what I knew would make me happy even if I didn't get paid a dime.

For the last 19 years I served in missions, worked in large food pantries, taught kids art and bible, coached youth and woman and took care of my family. My husband is doing great and we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary next June on the beaches of San Diego CA sssshhh he don't know this yet ^_^ lol.

If I was to die right now would anyone know how much money I made? NO! but they will remember how much I loved everyone, how much I loved to serve and how I loved life.

Anushree in her article wrote, “Just think about it- what if success was measured by how well you've loved instead of what you've earned or how many people know you? What if success was actually how much you've loved life itself, filling it with love and giving even more love? And not necessarily what you are wearing, the places you've been to, or the phones, cars and yachts you've owned? What if success was measured by how much joy you've brought to the table and how much better or worse you left the place than when you arrived? What if success was measured by how kindly and sincerely you've treated those around you? What if you actually got negative points every time you treated someone meanly or unfairly or judged someone or looked down on someone? How would your success graph look in the case? Would you need to put in more effort to make it better?”

Even though I have put very little focus on money my life has been filled with joy. Everything that I really really wanted in my life I got and if I wanted more all I have to do is ask. This all came about because of what I chose to focus on and celebrating EVERYTHING in my life. I remember reading “You know you are on track when your heart is at peace.” This is why I decided to be a Spiritual Mindfulness Life Coach because I want to give even more and help others find that peace within themselves. The more love you show to yourself and others the more peace and joy you will know.

Anushree Baikerikar article is spot on. How we love each other should be the gold standard of success. In her article, Anushree's shows how to let go, appropriate the little things, love your family and realize the real meaning of success. Read Anushree Baikerikar's article titled What If Success Was Measured by How Well You've Loved?

Live well, laugh often and love A LOT. When you count your blessings and celebrate your life amazing things always happen. I see the best in you.

God Bless


2 comments:

  1. Stumbled on this quite accidentally :-) It gives me immense happiness to know that my thoughts resonated with you! And it's inspiring to read your story. Am sure there are many who have smiled and lived better because of your loving efforts. God bless you & your family :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaahhh Thank You Very Much ^_^ I really did love your article it was very inspirational. Keep up the great work. God bless

      Delete