Friday, January 30, 2015

What if everything you have gone through have prepared you for this moment right now?


I was thinking about this question the other day while making an appointment to see my eye doctor. I was diagnosed with Macular Degeneration 2 years ago and being a visual artist along with just getting started with a business that I loved right before I was diagnosed I thought someone was playing a cruel joke on me when I heard the news that I was loosing my eyesight. I was devastated. I thought I just overcame so much in my life it was unfair to also have to add blindness to the long list of things that I went through.

I must admit the journey to get to this point in my life has been an amazing journey. You can read about my journey in my short bio [Here]. At first I was understandably full of resentment, sadness and and grief. I think I went through all 5 stages of grief twice in one years. Last summer with the help of some amazing people I realized that I had everything I needed in order to succeed.

I was sitting in the car with my husband one night and he told me the most amazing thing. I was crying like a baby because I was overly stressed about loosing my eyesight. My husband parked the car, turn to me and sharply said I am really surprised at you right now. I said what do you mean? He sat back and said listen to me very clearly because you will probably never here me say this ever again. We have been married for 18 years now, I have known you for almost 20 years and I have seen you do some amazing unbelievable things.

He said You have gotten almost everything that you have asked for. That day when we got you that expensive computer to this day I still don't know how we got the money but we got you that computer. You wanted to live in an expensive luxury apartment that at first we couldn't afford but a few days after touring the apartment they call us saying that they have a one bedroom in our budget. I laughed and said yea that was pretty cool.... After going through the list of things I done he said you have the ability to manifest what ever you want so why are you acting like you are so powerless?

I said this is different. He said no it's not what do you want? I said I don't want to go blind. He then said I understand that but what do you want? I said I want to see. He gently touched my hand and said then you already know that there is more then one way of seeing... My husband was right. Up to this point I have learned soo much about LOA, Mindfulness, faith, and water memory. Over all I have learned many lessons from all my successes and failures. I have learned lessons from all my struggles.

I have seen what works and what don't work. I have gone through so much in my life from 8 years of childhood sexual abuse to years of many different illness to now having Macular Degeneration. Losing your eyesight is like loosing a close friend that you had loved and cherished all your life. Ultimately I over came all the hard struggles in my life. My husband was right having Macular Degeneration and loosing my eyesight was no different then anything else I overcame. All that I have gone through have prepared me for this moment right now. If I can overcome childhood abuse I can overcome this. Over the years I have learned to be flexible and never stay ridged with any thing. I have learned to flow like water and thrive.

When I got my AHAA moment I changed my focus from only being a visual artist to being a Spiritual Creativity Life Coach. I have learned that everything that I have been through have lead me to this moment right here. I have overcome so much in my life and I want to help others overcome as well. Everything that we go through in our life is not for nothing. Our experiences good or bad are meant to be teachers. The question is are we willing to listen and learn from our experiences or will we let our experiences keep us stuck?

What if everything you have gone through have prepared you for this moment right now?



No comments:

Post a Comment