Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I See The Best In You. Never Stop Dreaming

 Artistic Soul Within Facebook

I found a beautiful, inspirational true story written by Anthony Stagg Titled 2 pieces of guidance a blind man taught me about achieving your dreams. In this 7 minute article Anthony describes how a man named Tim Reddish OBE went from childhood struggles to having a great career, a wife and 2 kids to having an even better career and life after he lost his eyesight. Overcoming losing his eyesight was a struggle at first, but Tim Reddish became unstoppable and a great inspiration to many people.

Anthony talks about in his article how after losing his eyesight “Tim had a decision to make, did he let this affect him or did he take on the responsibility for his own future?” Not only did Tim take responsibility for his life he shined so bright the whole world could see him. I was greatly moved by this article because I was diagnosed with Macular Degeneration in December of 2013 at the age of 37. One doctor said that I will be mostly blind within a year or so because my eyes are severally damaged.

When I got the news that I was going blind I was devastated. No, I was beyond devastated. I'm a visual artist. How can I go blind? What will I do with my life? I don't want to be a burden on my husband. I already had to go through a lot of crap in my life. Why this???? Every day when I woke up and my eyesight kept getting dimmer and dimmer. I got so depressed that I didn't want to open my eyes in the morning when I woke. Just opening my eyes was a constant reminder of what I thought I was losing.

After a year of depression and with the help of my husband and my big Sis Renee I decided to take charge of my life. Like Tim, I had to take responsibility for my life and not take no for an answer. I was focusing on the fear of losing my eyesight instead of focusing on seeing the world around me in the most unique and beautiful ways. I was focused on what I didn't want instead of what I wanted.

So I decided to become fearless. I decided to step into the world with new eyes and a new way of seeing. It has been an amazing journey. I have done things that I would not even dream of doing before now. I have done presentations and sang in front of large groups, started my own coaching business and I really enjoy creating this blog site. Now I only focus on what I want and those things that are out of my control I ignore. Well, more accurately I see it for what it is then I move on. The article that Anthony wrote is truly inspirational. The best advice is to take responsibility of your own life and be crystal clear of what you want. Having a clear vision will help you move forward in your life. Anthony's article will show you how.

My goals now is to be the best Mindfulness Coach that I can be and to run a meditation center within the next 2 years to help people overcome stress and anxiety. O and I will have a light brown Goldendoodle dog named Charlie ^_^ He will be the best guide dog EVER lol.

If you are going through a lot of challenges right now please read and be inspired by Anthony Stagg's article Titled 2 pieces of guidance a blind man taught me about achieving your dreams. Read Anthony's article and decide if you are going to let your challenges stop you or will you choose to do great things. The choice is yours. I see the best in you. Don't quit. Don't ever quit.

God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment