Monday, September 4, 2017

My New Book These Quotes Are For You By Barbara Clay

Barbara Clay Facebook
Copyright © 2017 Barbara Clay


I am really excited to announce that I have written my first book. Right now I am in the editing stage and I will be finished really soon. 

My book is about my top favorite 25 quotables to help you live your best life. This book is not just a list of quotes. For added value, I added my own insight on how you can use the quotes in your daily life. My hope and prayer is that this book will give fresh new ideas on how to live your best life. 

The art work that is in the book is all original art done by me 26 in total including the cover. If you see a quote that you love you will be able to purchase a poster that you can hang on your wall and enjoy for years to come.

This is one of my favorite chapters in the book. Please leave a review and let me know how you like it and stay tuned for more to come. 
Copyright © 2017 Barbara Clay






I am the Master of my fate. I am the Captain of my soul.

Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. Now is all there is. 

In the last chapter of this book, I talked about faith and how faith is knowing what you want and certain that you will receive it. I also talked about having faith in yourself. Faith in yourself is all about knowing who you are and knowing who you want to to be. It is about being confident in what you know you can do just like Micheal Phelps and many other great successful people. In growing to who we want to be I learned that we should always strive for mastery. Mastery in one thing should be what pushes us and motivate us every day. Understand that mastery is a marathon, not a sprint.

I remember a story my husband told me one day when I was feeling discouraged because I didn't feel like I was where I wanted to be with my life. I love art but at that time I felt like a failure. I will never forget what he told me. He told me a story of the Kings Apprentice. He said “One day a king took a piece of jade to a master craft smith only to find out by his apprentice that he died. So he asked the young apprentice if he could carve a great masterpiece from it. The apprentice took the jade and said, “Ok I will create something amazing for the king”. Five years passed and the king went to the apprentice and asked for the jade. The apprentice said that the jade was not yet ready and he needed more time. The king said,  “I will give you a little more time”. Another five years passed. The king went to the apprentice and asked to see the jade. The apprentice apologized and told the king the jade is still not ready yet and he needed more time. Reluctantly the king gave the apprentice more time. 

Another five years passed the king filled with anger went to the apprentice and furiously said “I have waited 15 years for my jade sculpture. I want my jade right now.” The apprentice who was now a master calmly went and got the raw piece of jade and sat it on a table in front of the king. He then sat down and began to masterfully cut the jade. Every cut he made was perfect. Within a few minutes, the apprentice masterfully crafted the jade into a beautiful work of art. So beautiful it made the king cry. In tears, the king asked, “Why did I have to wait 15 years for something so beautiful and so amazing you made in just a few minutes?” The apprentice said, “When you gave me the jade I never cut jade before and it took me 15 years to master”.

After my husband told me that amazing story he said to me “Barbara don't worry about how long it takes you to get to where you want to go. Keep doing what you are doing and one day you will percent your gifts before kings and queens”. I smiled and asked will I also make them cry like the apprentice? He laughed and said NOO... Well maybe. He then lovingly brushed my face with his fingers and made me smile. I got up and continued to work on my art filled with purpose.

Take Action

What you do today can bring you before kings and queens. Let mastery of your goals and dreams be what motivates you every day. Every day you should be doing something that you love to do and something you really want to master. Don't let a day go by without you doing something that you love to do. 

We don't have to be like Micheal Phelps. Even if you just spend an hour a day on mastering what you love you will be a master a lot faster than a person who is not spending any time at all mastering anything. Remember mastery is not a marathon, it's a sprint. History has shown that your gift will take you before Kings and Queens so take action right now to do what you love and let mastery be your guide.   


No comments:

Post a Comment