Thursday, September 28, 2017

Have Deafness To Doubt And Strong stick-to-it-ness

 Artistic Soul Within Facebook


"Don't dig up in doubt what you planted in faith" -Elisabeth Elliot

If you are struggling to have faith in your dreams and you let doubt and fear get in the way of achieving them then this article is for you.

I really do love this quote from Elisabeth Elliot because it really is very easy to dig up what you planted in faith with doubts and fears. Just recently I hit a brick wall of fear and frustration. My book is almost ready to be published and I haven't gotten an editor yet. Even though I went over my book many times trying my hardest to edit it after the third time reading a certain section of my book I still found errors in my book.

YES, I knoooow I am visually impaired so I know I can't see everything but even still a lot of doubt and fear creeped in, made its home in the most comfortable part of my mind and refuses to pay rent. So I started to think what if the book is not good enough? What if I don't catch all the errors in my book and my book just flops because it's so bad?

Then I thought about it and answered my own questions. What if I do find errors? Then just fix it as you find them. My book is not written in stone so I can fix it at any time. What if my book is not good enough? Seriously, with my perfectionist mind will my book eeever be good enough? ^_^ What if my book flops and no one likes it? I only have control over what I do. I have no control over whether or not people buy my book so just focus on what I do have control over and that is writing, learning and growing. Just getting the book done and published is an accomplishment of its own.

It would have been easier to change focus and start focusing on something other than writing a book, something more easier but if I did I would always be running because of my doubts and fears. I have learned that when we put a lens on our doubts and fears and take a really good look at them we start to realize that our fears and doubts are nothing more than our own insecurities. When we start to doubt ourselves that is when we start uprooting our dreams that we have spent so much time planting in faith. That is why I wrote my book in the first place. To help people learn how to have faith in themselves and have faith in the Creator because you rarely see anything right before you hit success. Success is an accumulation of all the work you have put into caring for the seed you have planted in faith.

Keep your dreams firmly planted and even if you don't see any movement at all just keep having faith because sooner or later you will see amazing things rise up for your in your life. If you just keep going you will have success.

I guess it's time for me to practice what I preach. Warts and all this book is going to be published. 

God Bless



 Artistic Soul Within Zazzle





No comments:

Post a Comment