Friday, February 6, 2015

It is not people that bring you joy.... It's you. They are just a reflextion.....


I knew a guy who was a racist. For this story I will call him Mr Wilson which is not his real name. He was in his 60's. Many years ago we went to the same church. Lol Yes racist people go to church but stay with me. The church was helping him because his home got destroyed and they was helping him to get back on his feet. I didn't know he was racist at first. All I knew was every time I talked to him or said hi he wouldn't look me in my eyes and He would barley shake my hand. I noticed he was happy and relaxed around other people and he was just all around awkward around me. I later found out that Mr Wilson really didn't like black people but a group of my friends was working to change that. I was asked to give him some time.

Lol I thought I would do more then that I will be the first black person he actually knows ^_^ So every week I went looking for him just to say hi and make him smile. He just lost his home, everything and now he is in his mind in a very uncomfortable situation. But every week I would go find him just to smile and say hi. Every time we all got together for lunch I would sit next to him or in front of him lol just to say hi ^_^ for the longest time he wouldn't say anything to me until one day I got really really sick. I didn't see anyone at church for 3 weeks. Once I got better enough to go to church to my huuuge surprise Mr Wilson came looking for me. He knew I was still sick, miserable and the last thing I wanted was to be around crazy church people lol so he came looking for me to make me smile and to say hi.

I can tell he was still uncomfortable around me but he was trying. He didn't know how to talk to me so what he did was tell me a lot useless facts. Every week he would come looking for me, smile and tell me about the different parts of an air plane or why a train can pull a tone of cargo. He loved bears so he told me a lot about bears and how they love blueberries. Every week with out fail Mr Wilson came looking for me and when ever I needed help he was there to help me without me even asking for help. He would just be there. We became pretty close and I grew to love him like I would a cranky old uncle.

When I had to move out of state Mr Wilson was very sad. The last day I seen him before I moved he wouldn't look at me or talk to me. No smile no more useless facts. We was at church and I watched him go to his car without talking to me. I walked outside to go to my car and he drove up and stopped right in front of me. Without looking at me he said “you're gonna miss me”. I smiled and said NOOO WAAAY you're gonna miss me. I touched his arm and said take care of yourself Mr. Wilson and he drove off.

Now Mr. Wilson actually knows one black person. I know when he thinks of me like all my friends do he will think of Ice Cream and a smile ^_^ Mr Wilson became my reflexion or maybe I am his reflexion an old white guy who loves everyone, smiles all the time and really love ice cream lol.

Joy never comes from outside of ourselves. It starts from within first. If you just genuinely smiled at people they can't help but to smile back at you. The people around us is a reflection of ourselves. When you are calm and relaxed they are calm and relaxed, when you are happy and full of joy, they will be happy and full of joy. You bring the joy to the party. Keep this in mind when you are dealing with difficult, frustrating people. Like attracts like.

Smile because you are awesome ^_^


2 comments: