Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Letting Go Is Absolute Bravery

 Artistic Soul Within Facebook

I really love this article written by Jennifer Sparks titled Learn To Flourish When You Are Not In Control. I can really relate to this article very much because I am going through something that is very far out of my control in losing my eyesight because of Macular Degeneration. If you are going through something that seems beyond your control please read Jennifer's article. It is a very heartfelt and inspirational article.

Growing up I felt like I was always sick with something. First as a baby I was born with a hole in my stomach. Then growing up I had to deal with years of childhood abuse and the PTSD that followed. Then as I got older I started having seizures, always in pain and started losing my eyesight so I totally understand how it feels to not be in control of one's life but I will never forget when all of this started turning around for me and Jennifer painted a beautiful picture on how to overcome what seems out of your control.

As I look back on my life to where I am right now, I wondered how did I get here? I love my life now. Ok, I am losing my eyesight but I am not in pain, I haven't had a seizure in years, I have a wonderful husband of 19 years and I am living a life filled with joy and surprises lol. So how did I get here? The answer is I let go and expressed gratitude for everything in my life. I let go and boooy was it scary and hard to do so. Like in Jennifer's article, there was a lot that I had no control over and I tried really really hard to control each and every step of my life. When I learned this very important lesson of letting go that is when I started to see more, A LOT more blessings come into my life.

Jennifer in her article said it best “Soon, I was focused on how blessed I felt and the joy that had always been around me but that I failed to see when I was looking the other way. Even in times of struggle, I continued to look for these simple things, and they were always there for me. I just had to decide to see them.” She said, “I just had to decide to see them.” This is the key right here. Holding on to what you have no control over uses up a whoooole lot of energy. That energy could be spent on what you want and what you are grateful for instead of what you don't want and what you hate.

Only after letting go I found a way through each challenge in my life. Trusting that everything was going to work itself out and having faith was my saving grace.

The one thing that we have absolute control over that no one can take away is our thoughts. Jennifer said, “Our journey has taught me that I am in control of my thoughts, and when I pick my thoughts carefully, I can still flourish in challenging circumstances.”

One thing that I have learned is that challenges are not meant to crush us. They are meant to teach us lessons and help us to grow. Because of what I went through I am more resilient and very resourceful. I am stronger now then I was just years ago. After going through so much in my life I can now share how I over came it all. I learned that if you control your thoughts you can control your world.

If you are struggling with controlling your thoughts start a gratitude journal, learn Mindfulness and listen to inspirational and motivational CD's or watch inspirational Youtube videos like I do EVERY DAY. You became what you constantly think about so I encourage you to fill your mind with good things and let go of negativity. Reading inspiring articles like mine ^_^ every day will also help you to stay focus. The more focus and calm you are the quicker you will get to your desires especially when things seem out of your control.

If you are going through some struggles right now please read Jennifer's article titled Learn To Flourish When You Are Not In Control. In her article, you will see exactly how to get through any struggle. If I can overcome I know you can. I see the best in you.

God Bless



2 comments:

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing. I'm a life coach blogger. Reading blogs is my hobby and I randomly found your blog. I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging endeavors. Please keep in touch with me in Twitter, @lifecoachbloger and Google+, +sridharchandrasekaran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaahhh Thank you so much ^_^ I am so very happy that you like my blog. Your words really encouraged me to keep going. I wish you all the best with your blog as well.

      Delete