Friday, March 20, 2015

How Journaling Can Change your life...

 Artistic Soul Within Etsy


5 Benefits of Journaling

I love journaling. I started writing in journals a little over 10 years ago and recently I started doing a art journal. Journals has had a huge affect on my life. It helped me when I was at my deepest of depression and it is helping me now to stay more calm, focus and creative. I would like to share with you just a few benefits on how Journaling can change your life.

Journaling can help you be more mindful.

With Mindful journaling the emphasis is not on what you are thinking but how you are thinking. Journaling helps to slow the monkey mind down so you can be more focused and more calm. It helps you to be in the moment without judgment. We spend so much time judging every minute of the day and spend very little time just living and being. With Mindful journaling you can have the freedom to simply create. If you journal for just 10 minutes that mindful state of mind can carry through out the day.

Journaling can Increase focus.

If you start your day journaling whether art or writing you can increase your focus through out the day. I have noticed in my life that journaling has a lasting affect. Since I started journaling I have become more focus and clear on my goals and dreams.

Journaling Can Create Stability.

In this ever changing world it is good to have some stability. For most of us our day is full of activity. Whether it is work, school, social events, house choirs or worship our life is full of meaningful activity. Even though all of this is good we still need a moment of stability. A moment to be still and settle down. It doesn't have to be long. Like I said before just 10 minutes of journaling can have a huge affect on your life. It can bring stability and calm that can last all day.

Journaling can help you detach from the past and let go.

I found journaling an awesome tool for detaching from the past and learning to let go. We spend so much time dwelling on the past we have very little time to live in the present. Many people don't realize how much time they spend ruminating and dwelling on the past. I know for me if I allow myself to ruminate hours can go by fast. To be honest when I was younger I loved to day dream and ruminate but as I got older and more stressed my day dreams turned into stressful ruminating. Journaling helped me to learn how to live in the moment. No past, no future just live in the now without judgment. With journaling I learned to be ok with what is and just put whatever I am feeling on paper.

Journaling Can help you feel better about yourself.

When I started journaling it did wonders for my self esteem. I have spent years of my life being mentally, emotionally and physically abused. When I was a child I spent a lot of time creating art as a way of escape then when I got older I started writing in journals to help me over come PTSD. Now I am back to creating art journals. The freedom to create and just be yourself can do a lot for your self esteem.


Whether you are a writer, artist, song writer or just like to create journaling can be a great asset in your life.

Tips for journaling

*Do Not Judge... Do not judge your work or the creative process. What ever you put on paper is what you put on paper. Be ok with that. There is no right or wrong way to journal.

*Meditate for a few minutes before you journal. This will clear your head and prepare you to relax and simply create.

*Before you start journaling do not put too much thought on what you should journal or how you should journal. A lot of times in the past I use to spend up to 45 minutes just deciding what I should put on paper. I had to learn to let go and just create. When you decide it's time to journal right after you meditate just put pin to paper or paint brush to paper and just start creating. Let your inner guide guide you. Trust in the process and in yourself. Trust in the moment that what ever you create is what it needs to be in the moment.

*Even though 10 minute of journaling can change your life I would suggest journaling for at lease 45 minute a day. If all you have is 10 minutes then that is great. A little time is better then no time at all. Don't stress and think that 10 minutes will not accomplish anything. 10 minutes can add up and in time you will be able to do 45 minutes a day. Start with 10 minutes and work your way up.

Last but not lease Have fun. Journaling should be fun and relaxing. If you are tense and up tight then you should focus more on learning Mindfulness Techniques to go along with your journaling. If you need any help with journaling or learning mindfulness please feel free to comment in the comment section below.

I am creating a line of handmade Coptic Stitch Journals for writers and artist. I love journaling and I want to share the benefits and the joy I have experienced in journaling with others. If you would like to start creating in a journal and would love to have a cool journal to start with check out my Etsy store by clicking [HERE] or by clicking on the Etsy banner to the right. They would also make awesome gifts to a family or friend who is an artist or a writer. I put my heart and soul into creating these Coptic stitch journals and I hope you like them.

Stay Awesome ^_^


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful tips. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. I am soo happy you liked it ^_^

      Delete