Tuesday, March 3, 2015

My New Artistic Style....



I was really into creating Etch Glass 2 years ago but because of my declining eye sight the doctor advised against it. I was upset for a long time because I spent soo much time teaching myself how to etch glass with a dremel and I got really good at it before my doctor told me that I should stop. At first I didn't listen to him. I was thinking doctors don't know everything and blind people can do any thing so I should still be able to etch glass the way I want too but my confidence was literally shattered when the glass I was working on shattered into pieces right before my eyes and that has never happened to me before. I quickly realized how dangerous it was to continue so I packed everything up, sold all my tools and moved under a rock. Well it was more like a large blanket. My Sister called it my Linus Blanket.

As much as I wanted to stay under my Linus Blanket I had to come out of it. I have learned a lot in the last few years and learning to be flexible when challenges come was my biggest lesson learned. Recently my doctor told me that I am doing great and I am no longer in danger of going blind ^_^ so I am back creating art once again. As much as I still want to do glass etching I decided to go into a whole new artistic style. For some weird reason I have been drawn to Industrial Boho. I love this style. Industrial of course is a lot of metal work and Boho Art is defined in The American College Dictionary as "a person with artistic or intellectual tendencies, who lives and acts with no regard for conventional rules of behavior." Kind of like etching glass using power tools with low vision o-O lol

Industrial Boho is a mix of hard and soft. Mixing Industrial with Boho sends my imagination into overdrive ^_^ Even as a Child I love playing with wire and metal. I love mixing soft and hard because it really fits my personality. I am soft most of the time but I can be very hard and direct when I need to be.

I also love love love wire wrapping. I didn't develop my wire wrapping skills until now because the work that I really wanted to do years ago seemed very hard and time consuming but now time seems to fly when I work with wire. I have gotten way better then when I first started years ago. I can't wait to show case my new art work. I am sooo happy to be back on Etsy. If you want to see more of my work please click on the Etsy badge on this blog page or go to my Etsy store on my website www.Artisticsoulwithin.com

I want to thank every one who encouraged me to get back on the horse and keep creating. To all my Etch Delight fans I want to thank you for sticking with me through all my struggles and I want to thank my husband of 18 years for being patient with me especially when I wanted to stay under my Linus blanket. He has been a huuge support in my life and I am deeply grateful. Last but not least I want to thank God because without him none of this would be possible.

Stay tuned more artwork and inspiration is coming soon...   

No comments:

Post a Comment