Friday, June 26, 2015

Being Yourself Is Absolute Bravery

 Artistic Soul Within Face book

I have found a very inspirational story. I really love this article by Jess Stuart titled Imaging Living A Life You Don't Have To Escape From. I can totally relate to this article because It's scary to step outside of the box and totally be who you know you are. I'm blessed because I have a stubborn streak, but I almost had to wage a war to be who I am today. I had to fight for every inch of myself. From my own personal beliefs to my natural hair. I had to fight to be unique. People would tell me every day be yourself then look down on me and get angry when I do something they don't like.

I totally empathize when Jess said “I was exhausted, unhappy, and I kept getting sick. It wasn't so much the stressful job that tired me; the really exhausting part was pretending to be something I wasn't, committing to things that didn't matter to me, and selling out on my values and purpose.” Like Jess, I knew what was right for my life but when I stepped outside of the box people would look at me as if I had two heads.. Except the fact that people will not always see what you see. It's not meant for them to see it because it's not their journey.

Hold on to your values, purpose and the desire to have balance in your life. You don't have to give up everything in your life to do what you love. When I coach people I teach them how just one hour a day doing something you love can get you closer to your dreams than doing nothing at all. By the yard, it's hard but inch by inch anything is a cinch.

I have learned that it takes persistent dedicated work and bravery to be yourself. Jess Stuart painted a beautiful picture of living a life of your dreams when he said “I feel like I help and inspire people, although it's not all butterflies and rainbows; I earn less, have to get up earlier, and sometimes I don't know when or where the next job is coming from. But my work is part of my life now rather than an inconvenient interruption to it.”. This is the most beautiful and inspirational thing I have read in a long time.

If you are looking to live a life that you don't have to have a vacation from please read Jess Stuart's article and take a page from his book.

God bless



No comments:

Post a Comment