Tuesday, June 9, 2015

It's An Honor To Love You




 Yesterday My husband and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary. We have known each other for over 20 years. I am extremely happy because with all that we have been through with my husband having congestive heart failure a few years ago I realized that life is short and tomorrow is not promised with our loved ones. Even though he is doing really good right now and his heart is much stronger I still try and celebrate each day as if it was our last.

For this blog post I wanted to share my secrets to a happy relationship in honor of our anniversary but I found a article by an awesome author that summed up how to have a great relationship perfectly. The article is called 21 Toxic Habits That Ruins Our Relationship by Chantalle Gerber. I wish I read this article when I first got married or heck when I first got into a relationship. Chantalle summed everything up perfectly. In her 10 minute article she gives perfect advice on how to avoid the pitfalls in not just marriage but in all relationships period.

The 21 points that Chantalle listed in her article are the lessons I learned in my 19 years of marriage with my husband. There are A LOT of things that I am still working on like #19 We expect other people to have learned the same lessons we have. Many things are learned through experience and each us have learned different things in our life. We have to give each other room to grow and not get frustrated when the other person “don't get it”. Chantalle's Article is right on the money. Her article will certainly take your relationships to the next level if you are willing to make changes in your life. We really do have more control over our relationship then we realize. Read Chantalle's article 21 Toxic Habits That Ruins Our Relationships and If you are looking for a great book to read one of my favorites books is fascinating womanhood by Helen Andelin. I wish you much success and happiness in all your relationships to come.
God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment